University Announces Clean Energy Supercluster and Cenergy
March 20, 2008
Cenergy, the business arm of the university’s new Clean Energy Supercluster, will directly enhance Colorado’s leadership in building a new energy economy as well as improving quality of life for people around the globe.
Unveiled at the state Capitol with the help of Gov. Bill Ritter and U.S. Sens. Wayne Allard and Ken Salazar, Cenergy will greatly enhance the ability of university scientists and business partners to speed clean and renewable energy research to the marketplace.
More than 100 faculty members in all eight colleges at Colorado State participate in developing alternative energy solutions and policies in the areas of biofuels, solar energy, wind power and clean-burning engines, helping Colorado’s efforts to lead the nation in creating clean and renewable energy technology and training the “green-collar” workforce. The university’s efforts support Gov. Ritter’s Colorado Climate Action Plan that aims to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases by 20 percent by 2020, and shares a commitment with other states and nations to make even deeper emissions cuts by 2050.
Colorado State’s leadership in research into alternative energy solutions dates to the 1960s. Now, faculty members in all CSU colleges – from Liberal Arts to Engineering – are developing market-driven solutions to solve some of the world’s most challenging environmental problems.
Press releases (March 20, 2008)
- Colorado State Driving Clean Energy Research to Market to Help State Economy, Solve Global Issues
- University Names Ron Sega Vice President for Energy and the Environment
- Congressional Response to the Clean Energy Supercluster
Downloads & digital resources
Programs & People at Colorado State
- The Faces of Clean Energy at Colorado State
- Clean Energy Supercluster Web Site
- Engines and Energy Conversion Laboratory
- Green Initiatives Web Site
- Green Power Project
- Global Social and Sustainable Enterprise
- Oil From Algae
- The Talloires Declaration
Collaborations, Spinoffs & Partnerships
- AVA Solar: CNNMoney.com video feature | Media resources | AVA Home
- C2B2: Colorado Center for Biorefining and Biofuels
- Envirofit: Feature story | Envirofit home
- Partners for Clean Energy: Colorado Collaboratory
- Solix Biofuels: Media resources | Solix home
- Spirae, Inc.: Press release | Spirae home
Clean Energy Supercluster Fact Sheets
Downloadable audio and photos
(to download: click photos, right click audio links)
President and CEO, CSU Management Corporation